WE CAN MAKE THINGS BETTER
DEBT ARRANGEMENT SCHEME
Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS) is a debt payment programme that allows you to repay your debts in full, free from interest and charges over an extended period of time agreed by the DAS Administrator.
Only available in Scotland
- Stops creditors from taking legal action against you.
- Your home is safe as long as you keep up with your mortage or rent payments.
- Monthly payments are based on what you can reasonably pay.
- A Government-supported scheme that allows residents to pay back their debts in full.
- You pay a monthly payment, based on your income and expenditure.
- Interest and charges are frozen. You will no longer negotiate with creditors.
- Creditors will be unable to take legal action.
- If you do not keep up with the payments the scheme will be cancelled.
- If you are only making a small monthly payment and have high debt level, it could take several years to clear your debts.
- All your debts are paid in full at the end of the agreed term.
- Your credit rating will be negatively impacted.