WE CAN MAKE THINGS BETTER
Debt Management Plan
Debt Management Plan (DMP) is an agreement to help you repay your debts in full with a reduced monthly payment over an extended period of time.
The Money Advice Service is able to help you get free advice about whether a Debt Management Plan is right for you.
- A debt management plan is used when you can only afford to pay your creditors a small amount each month or you currently have debt problems but you will be able to make payments in a few months.
- You will set up a plan with a company authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- The company negotiates with your creditors so you no longer need to
- A debt management plan demonstrates your willingness to tackle your debts
- Creditors may be willing to accept reduced payments from a third party
- Requires your creditors continued support, which can be withdrawn at anytime
- Any creditor can still take legal action at any time, causing the plan to fail
- A Debt Management Plan is not legally binding, so you don’t have legal protection
- Lower, more affordable payments means that it takes longer to repay your debts